Saturday 11 January 2014

Drawing Block 2 Project X

Table of Contents
So in this daily project which was self directed we had to pic an object and deconstruct it so we had all the different elements of it laid down in front of us. It took a while for me to find an object as many things I brought up to the Deen with me where things i wanted, there was nothing I wanted to break apart, so nicked my friend Ameena's fag(cigarette) packet with her last fag.(I realise the sacrifice this was! all in the name of art) it was really fun though to take apart a fag. But did get some looks from my flatmates thinking I was doing drugs with a heap of tabaco in my room just sitting... ehh no! 
I just started by playing arund with the elements of 'my' packet, trying to put the things in interesting compositions for a viewer and not just to do it boring like above!

I kind of liked the texture of the tabaco which was abit weird for me as am not a smoker but hey hoo!
I wanted to play around with the fag being smoked by itself, and like it being ripped open and the tabaco is its breath, so tried out a few compositions like below!




As you see I went with one more like the bottom composition I moved the filter as I still wanted that to be filtering the the tobacco from the paper, i wanted the tobacco just to be an outline to make the statement that its gone in a second and you don't really see it, so here it becomes the smoke to the fag, I liked the fact as well you had the smoking kills sign on the front and you basically have this dead fag smoking.
Thanks for reading and seeing folks :) hope you didnt get too creeped out about fags here!
Annie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Archives

About Me

My photo
Life is art. Art is Life. Thats all you need to know! A mad woman with an imagination?