Thursday 16 January 2014

PLACE PROJECT Final peice.

......CONTINUED
Plenty of experimentation onto how I would layer the different images lead to tracing paper, acetate, card but found my final order.
1. I would rub the prominent surface of that area onto a piece of A4 paper
2. Then create a grid of 4 down 5 across and paint each the individual colours relating to that area.
3. On a piece of acetate i would in white ink draw the movement of the people using the edges of the paper as the edges of the area.
4. I would add on top of the white in a black linear circle which got bigger the longer people waited in a certain spot
5. On the opposite side of the acetate i would visualize recordings from the center of each area. 
6. Draw on the grid lines and the grid key 
7. Stick together and voila you have a page of my map.

I figured out that because I couldn't do this on a grander scale as acetate in the uni didn't go to A1 size i would create a book 'road atlas' of Aberdeen and this would be my connection to my map characteristics a road atlas of non places. Each non place would be ordered in the order that i would meet them on my way to gray's from my flat.






Hope you enjoyed folks.. that's the end of Semester One! Time flies too fast.
Onto the next one on the 3rd Feb so wont be uploading for a while anyway, but thanks
Annie :) x


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying your posts, oh, if only I could go back to art school! Take advantage of every facility and keep exploring new ways of working and ... keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete

Past Archives

About Me

My photo
Life is art. Art is Life. Thats all you need to know! A mad woman with an imagination?