Wednesday 4 December 2013

Drawing Block 2 Project A


Okay I know I've been a little bit scarce on this for a while just uni work is literally taking up my day 24/7 talking about living and breathing art....CHECK! But I'm just going to back date my last 2 drawing projects on here so i can show the different styles and techniques we've done over the past two.

As you probably figured out uni is eh full on we learn new techniques and try new things sometimes on a daily basis so don't get very long to try out these styles, but the first semester is fast paced I think there's just so much we need to get through, so my apologies for the amount of images you will be subject to in this post...blame our first year coordinator.
Project A 
Warming up exercise - Trying to get the proportions correct in relation to a vertical line basically using it ass as guide. I actually gave up trying to portray the face correctly cause I cant just do a face quickly!

Starting to think about the form using tone instead of line and colouring in the areas, used very diluted black ink and just built up layers in it to get the different tones, can tell that these where my first tries on trying this style.
Doing the technique a bit more to get used to the style in different poses. Think I'm improving on these ones, looks a bit more in depth. Still do not like faces so i think i might just stick to 'robot' faces on this task, or at the very most just do the basic hints of facial features.
We had a little longer on this one which am glad about think this technique was getting easier to just do than before as there was a lot of hesitation. Tried to add more into the image giving a sense of space features around the pose. Was in quite an awkward position as it's not a normal everyday pose you see. Starting to enjoy this though!
So this is my final to the day, thought it was kind of weird that i dont like doing faces but i actually really like the face i done here, miss judged the length of his legs on several occasions though thats why theres like 3 pairs of hoes on top of each other but it was great that you could go over the image and rework without much hastle as it kind of looks like a shadow now. But I am pleased with the outcome of this one!

Project B Is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Archives

About Me

My photo
Life is art. Art is Life. Thats all you need to know! A mad woman with an imagination?